|Q. I have 5 Maximizer
databases I would like to combine in to one. How do you do that?
A. Here are the steps to File Transfer in to one.
|Q. What are the tables used by Maximizer?|
Auto Email Service Issue on Windows NT 4.0
If your Maximizer server is running Windows NT 4.0, you may have to modify the logon for the server's email service. In Control Panel, open Services and select Maximizer Email Service. Click the Startup button. Under "Log On As", choose a local user logon that has network access rights to the server. This will provide sufficient rights for the Email Service.
Sample Database Access -
User ID and Password Sample Address Books for all components of Maximizer may be accessed through: User ID: MASTER Password: control
If you are upgrading Maximizer from a previous version or reinstalling Maximizer 7.0, restart your computer after uninstalling. Otherwise, you may have problems with the new installation.
If you are using Maximizer Outlook Calendar Integration and MaxAlarm, appointments modified with MaxAlarm are not synchronized to Microsoft Outlook. Also, when you remove an Address Book using Administrator, the Address Book remains in the list of available Address Books in MaxAlarm.
To ensure the Maximizer graphics display properly, use the True Color setting in your Windows Display Properties. Using 256 Colors, some graphics may not display properly.
MaxExchange Remote Network Disconnection
An issue occurs when a remote user (MaxExchange Remote) connects to a network database, then exits Maximizer and disconnects from the network without first logging out of the database. The next time the user opens Maximizer and does not log into the network, the computer appears to freeze. What is actually occurring is Maximizer is attempting to connect to the network database. An error message appears after the timeout period has lapsed. To solve this issue, a remote user must log out of the database before exiting Maximizer.
Pervasive Installation Location
When you install Maximizer, the Pervasive database engine is installed on the same drive by default. If you would like the Pervasive engine installed on a different drive, you must run the Pervasive installation prior to the Maximizer installation. Perform the following steps to install Pervasive on a drive other than the default:
1. Insert the Maximizer 7.0 installation CD and click the Browse CD link.
2. For a Pervasive.SQL 2000i Server engine installation, double-click the setup.exe file from the following folder: \Max7\Common\DB_Engs\NT - OR - For a Pervasive.SQL 2000i Workgroup engine installation, double-click the setup.exe file from the following folder: \Max7\Common\DB_Engs\WGE
3. Select the drive letter of your choice to install the Pervasive database engine. Complete the installation.
4. Begin the Maximizer 7.0 installation. Select the Yes button when prompted to upgrade to Pervasive.SQL 2000i SP4 v.7.94.251. 5. Select the drive letter of your choice to install Maximizer 7.0. Complete the installation.
Disabling Protocols for Window NT Server
An error code 4086 occurs when trying to open an Address Book that resides on a server that has SPX, TCP/IP and NetBIOS protocols installed and set as supported in the Pervasive Control Center. This can be corrected by removing the NetBIOS or SPX protocol from the list of supported protocols in the Pervasive Control Center. Perform the following steps to adjust server protocols:
1. Click Start > Programs > Pervasive > Pervasive Control Center.
2. Expand Pervasive.SQL 2000i Engines and expand the desired database.
3. Expand Configuration, expand Server, and then click on Communication Protocols.
4. In the right frame, double-click the Supported Protocols option.
5. In the Supported Protocols dialog box, you can deselect options as appropriate to your network environment. In most cases, only the first two protocols are needed. Highlight a protocol in the list, then click on the "<" button to remove it from the list. Click OK. 6. Close the Pervasive Control Center. Stop and restart the Pervasive engine.
New Address Book Creation on Workstation using Global List Setting
An ODBC connection error may occur when creating a new Address Book from a Maximizer workstation using the Global List setting. To avoid this issue, ensure the Pervasive Workgroup engine is running before creating a new Address Book. We hope you enjoy using Maximizer. - The Multiactive Development Team(c)1988-2002 Multiactive Software Inc. All rights reserved. Third-party products mentioned in these notes are trademarks of their respective owners and are used here for reference only.
Can I configure third-party products for Maximizer?
For information about configuring third-party products for Maximizer, refer to the Maximizer Administrator's Guide. The online version is available in the Maximizer program folder.