For Beginning Microcomputer Users. Lotus Symphony is an enhancement of Lotus 1-2-3, the powerful, integrated office management software program, combining the five most useful business applications: electronic spreadsheet, business graphics, data management, word processing, and communications in one powerful system. In the first session participants receive an overview of microcomputers, the basic features of DOS (MS or Z-DOS) and basic Symphony commands. In the second session, participants learn to construct a simple spreadsheet using Symphony. The third session covers data manipulation, printing and graphics. The fourth session provides a workshop and personal instruction to help design and build a Symphony application from the student's own office requirements. More than 70% of the course is hands-on use of Symphony.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Identify and use DOS commands.
* Access Symphony, and understand screen prompts and system
* Understand the basic functions of an electronic
spreadsheet and the unique features of Symphony.
* Use the Symphony basic commands for:
- worksheet development, manipulation and
- simple formula construction,
- database sort,
- graph preparation,
- word processing; and
* Use Symphony's word processing mode to create reports.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.