INTRODUCTION TO dBASE IV
dBase IV is a popular and useful database management program. This course is designed both to teach the fundamental concepts and functions of dBase IV, and to assist in designing a dBase application from the student's own office operations. Session 1 introduces database concepts and dBase features. Session 2 covers data inquiry, computing, reporting, and programming. The final session includes a workshop and personal instruction in designing a dBase application. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of dBase IV. The course also includes basic microcomputer orientation. Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Understand the concepts of database management software;
* Convert a manual record-keeping procedure into a dBase IV
* Create, add, change and search a dBase IV database;
* Design and produce a report from a dBase IV database using
the enhanced report generator; and
* Understand the use of basic commands and the "Control
Center" of dBase IV.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.