Hypertext Transcript Formatting Software for Court Reporters and
This program takes Court Reporter Text files and puts them into HTML format. It
works with the output of the eTranscript software, by expanding your capabilities.
All for a one-time charge of only $49.00. We offer a
Free Trial of one court case document which we will email to you, to see how useful it is.
You can choose from 1 to 3 columns:
1. Line number
2. Text of the Transcript
3. Comments and Links
In a courtroom situation, the attorney with the information at his fingertips has the
advantage. You and your opposing attorney may have the same transcript, but the
clarity of the format can make all the difference in someone's life.
The HTMLegal program adds a new major format for your Court Reporter transcript
documents. Court reporters have been able to provide you ordinary ASCII (American
Standard Code for Information Interchange) Text or Word documents. Now, this adds the
power of the Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) to the court room.
HTML is the format that evolved into the standard for the World Wide Web because of its
power and flexibility in displaying a wide variety of information. You can use this during
the trial, with the transcript available on your laptop computer for fast, efficient
searching and access.
Comparison of the 3 Major Formats
Which one is clearer?
ASCII Text or Word Format
- Viewable with most word processors
- Document can be manually reformatted
- Easy to look up by key words in the index
- Can output to various formats, including ASCII Text
- Has pagination so you can see where you are
- Add your own Comments, Notes, and HyperLinks in the 3rd column
- See the document in pages to help you keep track of where you are
- See more on a page at a glance, for less fumbling through pages of testimony
- You can paginate the transcript in various ways for easier printing and reading,
including double or triple spacing
- Use FrontPage or other editing software to put in quick hyperlinks to jump from one
section to another, or to external documents.
- Add Maps, Photos, and other important information to help jog your memory during the
trial, using the "right brain"
- Helps you highlight important points
through Color Coding of text
- For easier cutting and pasting of the text. You have the option of including or
excluding the line numbers with the text.
- You can post the HTML document on a private web page for simultaneous access and review
by multiple attorneys and clients. Everyone will see the most up to date notes and
- Helps you organize your case, especially on retrials, to highlight inconsistencies in
prior testimony, and view them side by side
- HTML format helps you organize information more easily. Organization is the
key to winning more trials.
- Hard to find important sections quickly because it has no pagination
- Cannot add your own notes
- Manual reformatting is tedious
- Must install special software
- Cannot add your own notes, diagrams, or graphics
- None we can think of.
We plead the 5th on this!
Click to enlarge
Additional Benefits of using HTMLegal format
- With the pagination, you can more easily tell where you are in the transcript.
The screen looks like the paper copy.
- You can find information more quickly during a trial, by having this document on your
- You will be less likely to forget an important point to bring up during the trial
- Saves hours of time in putting into columns manually yourself, even with cutting and
Every line number would have to be taken into another column, and a comments column
created line by line!
- You can have the Transcript in HTMLegal format for fast access during the trial on your
Laptop or Palm computer.
No more fumbling around papers and notes for specific sections.
- If large computer monitors or projector screens are allowed in the court room, you can
clearly display certain sections to the jury or judge.
- Cost Effective: All for a one-time charge of only $49.00 - pays for
itself on the first transcript, as compared to the time a secretary would need to reformat
the line numbers and text of hundreds of pages into separate columns. Few attorneys
used HTML because it was so tedious to convert. Now it is a snap!
How it works - 3 easy steps
In eTranscript, use File, Save As, into a TXT file.
Select the TXT file, and it automatically creates a file with the HTM
Sample Screen of Court Reporter Transcript in HTMLegal
Enhancements Coming Soon
Indexing on Keywords with hypertext links for quick jumps
We offer a Free Trial of one court case document which we will email to
you, to see how useful it is.
Links to Helpful Organizations
Note: You may need to print this page landscape
We can also create custom formats to your specifications.
For example, you may want a 4th column, with the line numbers
on the right side, with all Questions in bold,
or with all answers highlighted in green, etc.
You name it - we can format it that way!
C I Corporation
P.O. Box 100411
Arlington, VA 22202
800-319-3190 877-727-9070 Fax
Return to C I Corporation Home page