Advanced WordPerfect 5.1
In addition to covering the standard functions found in most WP applications to ensure immediate productivity, participants do hands-on exercises to learn more powerful WordPerfect features, such as keyboard macros, special printing features, column formatting and file protect options (data encryption).Also covered in the course is the WordPerfect spelling checker and the mail merge feature for creating form letters. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of WordPerfect.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Be sure to have mastered the ten basic functions for normal use: calling
up document, inserting, deleting, formatting text, emphasizing words,
quick cursor movement, manipulating blocks, search and replacing,
printing, saving and exiting;
* Use WordPerfect's spelling checker
* Generate Tables of Contents and Outlines automatically
* Create and execute time-saving keyboard macros
* Format various columns and tables
* Merge primary and secondary documents
* Sort line and merge lists
* Link or import spreadsheets from other programs
* Create special symbols and use the equation editor
* Change the appearance and size of text using various font
attributes and type faces to do "desktop publishing"
* Combine various graphics and pictures with text in documents
* Customize WordPerfect defaults
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel. Familiarity with the basics of WordPerfect is required.