Introduction to SuperCalc
SuperCalc is a powerful, integrated office management software program. It combines the three most useful business applications: electronic spreadsheet, business graphs, and data management, in one powerful system. It includes Sideways, to print wide spreadsheets. Participants receive an overview of microcomputers, the basic features of DOS (MS or Z-DOS) and basic SuperCalc commands in the first session. In the second session, participants learn to construct a simple spreadsheet using basic SuperCalc commands. The third session covers basic commands for data manipulation, printing and graphics. The fourth session provides a workshop and personal instruction to help design and build a SuperCalc application from the student's own office requirements. More than 70% of the course is hands-on use of SuperCalc.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Identify and use DOS commands
* Identify the basic functions of an electronic spreadsheet and
understand the unique features of SuperCalc;
* Access SuperCalc and understand screen prompts and
* Use SuperCalc basic commands for:
- worksheet development, manipulation and
- simple formula construction,
- database sort,
- graph preparation, and
* Understand how SuperCalc can be applied in their
Target Audience: This course is designed for professional, manager and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.