Advanced R:Base 5000
This course expands on the dBase functions covered in the introductory course. The advanced functions include programming in R:Base, advanced interactive search commands, and multiple file processing. Students also learn to design and print reports and customize R:Base. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of R:Base.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Understand R:Base functions;
* Create command programs;
* Design a menu-driven application using Application Express;
* Perform single and multiple file operations;
* Modify data structure;
* Conduct interactive processing;
* Search on any character sequence;
* Apply macro functions;
* Sort information alphabetically or numerically;
* Create custom reports;
* Make mailing labels; and
* Customize R:Base.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with R:Base is required.