Introduction to R:Base 5000
R:Base 5000 is a powerful, useful database management program. This course is designed both to teach the fundamental concepts and functions of R:Base 5000, and to assist in designing an R:Base application from the student's own office operations. Session 1 introduces database concepts and R:Base features. Session 2 covers data inquiry, computing, reporting, and programming. The final session includes a workshop and personal instruction in designing an R:Base application. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of R:Base 5000. The course also includes basic microcompuer orientation.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Understand the basics of microcomputers and DOS;
* Understand the concepts of database management software;
* Convert a manual record-keeping procedure into an R:Base 5000
* Create, add, change and search R:Base database tables;
* Design and produce a report from an R:Base database; and
* Understand the basic programming commands of R:Base.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.