Introduction to Q&A for Windows
Q&A is the one of the best selling "flat file" management program for microcomputers. This course is designed both to teach the fundamental concepts and functions of Q&A, and to assist in designing a Q&A application from the student's own office operations. Session 1 introduces database concepts and Q&A features.
Session 2 covers data inquiry, computing, reporting, and programming. The final session includes a workshop and personal instruction in designing a Q&A application. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of Q&A.
The course also includes basic microcomputer orientation. Learning Objectives:
* Understand the capabilities of database management software;
* Convert a manual record-keeping procedure into a Q&A application
to manage information;
* Create and modify the database structure;
* Append, Edit, Browse, and Delete records in a Q&A database;
* Sort the database by various fields;
* Find any data by issuing search commands with various conditions
using both the Retrieve Spec and Query Guide;
* Design and print a report from a Q&A database;
* Design and print form letters using the Merge feature;
* Design and print mailing labels; and
* Use the Intelligent Assistant system
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.