Introduction to ProComm
The purpose of this course is to enable the students to communicate from computer to computer by means of a modem (modulator/demodulator). This courses compares and contrasts "ProComm" with "Smartcom", "PC- Talk", and other programs, and includes hands-on instruction on: Various ways to obtain "help" with functions are also discussed, so that students are not left stranded, and can learn new features on their own. Participants do enjoyable and educational hands-on exercises to practice the functions to ensure immediate productivity. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of ProComm.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Prepare documents for telecommunication;
* Start up ProComm and use the menu/command system;
* Create and edit automatic dialing sequences;
* Create and edit log-on sequences;
* Communicate with mainframe computer systems;
* Perform the basic functions for normal use;
* Know how to get "help", and how to learn more advanced
functions and features; and
* A vision of possibilities with telecommunications.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and
administrative personnel. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.