Introduction to Lotus 1-2-3
Lotus 1-2-3 is the most popular integrated office management software program on the market. It combines the three most useful business applications: electronic spreadsheet, business graphics and data management, into one powerful system. Participants receive an overview of microcomputers, the basic features of DOS (MS or Z-DOS) and basic Lotus commands in the first session. In the second session, participants learn to construct a simple spreadsheet using basic Lotus commands. The third session covers basic commands for data manipulation, printing and graphics. The fourth session provides a workshop and personal instruction to help design and build a Lotus application from the student's own office operations. More than 70% of the course is hands-on use of Lotus.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Identify and use DOS commands;
* Identify the basic functions of an electronic spreadsheet and
understand the unique functions of Lotus 1-2-3;
* Access Lotus and understand screen prompts and system
* Immediately use Lotus 1-2-3 basic commands for:
- worksheet development, manipulation and
- simple formula construction,
- database sort,
- graph preparation, and
* Understand how Lotus can be applied in their own
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familarity with the
basics of microcomputer use is not required.