This course is designed to familiarize the beginning microcomputer user with the personal computer and its capabilities. Participants learn how to use keyboard functions and commands. Diskette care is demonstrated. The function and use of MS-DOS is explained in terms of command types: internal, external, hard disk, and input/output. An overview of MS-DOS and computer related terms is presented as well. More than 70% of the course is hands-on use of microcomputers.
Learning Objectives: After completing the course, a participant will be able to:
* Understand the principles of microcomputer use;
* Understand the guidelines for data file management and
* Use a microcomputer to start up and run application programs;
* Know the difference between internal and external commands;
* Use basic internal commands (ex. DIR, COPY, DEL, RENAME)
* Use basic external commands (ex. FORMAT, DISKCOPY, CHKDSK)
* Use hard disk commands (ex. CD, MD, RD); and
* Make back-up copies of their data for safety.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels who will be using personal computer application software.