This course covers the advanced functions necessary for programming in dBase, advanced interactive search commands, multiple file processing, and network considerations to enable many users to access one database. This course teaches the basic concepts to develop programs to automate repetitive and time consuming tasks. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of dBase III+.
Learning / Performance Objectives:
* Planning and creating command programs;
* Design a menu-driven application;
* Programming single and multiple file operations;
* Customizing a program to assist in search commands;
* Memory variables;
* Programming constructs:
* Apply evaluate/macro functions in programs;
* Program and screen generators;
* Create more complex, custom reports by programming; and
* Customize the dBase III+ environment through a program.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the dBase III+ or FoxBASE is required.