Introduction to dBase III+
dBase III+ is a popular and useful database management program. This course is designed both to teach the fundamental concepts and functions of dBase III+, and to assist in designing a dBase application from the student's own office operations. Session 1 introduces database concepts and dBase features. Session 2 covers data inquiry, computing, reporting, and programming. The final session includes workshop and personal instruction in designing a dBase application. More than 70% of this course is hands-on use of dBase III+. The course also includes basic microcomputer orientation. Learning Objectives:
After completing this course, a participant will be able to:
* Understand the basics and concepts of microcomputers and DOS;
* Understand the capabilities of database management software;
* Convert a manual record-keeping procedure into a dBase III+
application to manage information;
* Create and modify the database structure;
* Append, Edit, Browse, and Delete a dBase III+ database;
* Index (sort) the database by various fields;
* Find any data by issuing search commands with various conditions;
* Design and print a report from a dBase III+ database;
* Use the Assist menu system; and
* Understand the basic programming commands of dBase.
Target Audience: This course is useful for professional, managerial and administrative personnel at all levels. Familiarity with the basics of microcomputer use is not required.